International Students and Scholars Services
Where the World Meets Drexel
The Office of International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) offers a vast array of programs and services to international students, scholars, and faculty representing 117 countries. The ISSS staff works to promote meaningful interaction between United States Citizens and nationals of other countries by organizing cultural enriching opportunities for all members of the Drexel community. ISSS staff advises international students, scholars and faculty on immigration, cultural, financial, academic and personal concerns.
For any questions, service requests or appointments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New International Students
According to immigration regulations, as an F-1/J-1 student you are required to register with ISSS upon arrival. You are expected to complete the following steps timely in order to have your I-20/DS-2019 registered. Please review the following carefully to ensure they are fulfilled.
You do not need to report to our office as we will confirm with you via email when the I-20/DS-2019 Registration has been completed (please allow 3 business days for our office to fully process your registration.)
Follow the below instructions to complete your I-20/DS-2019 registration:
- Complete DS-2019 Registration Form by clicking here.
- Scan all of the following immigration documents:
- Your I-20/DS-2019 (all pages upon your arrival in the U.S.)
- Your passport biographical information page
- Your student F-1/J-1 Visa page (where picture and expiration date are shown)
- Your admission stamp in the passport (can usually be found next to your Student F-1/ J-1 Visa page)
- Your I-94 information (visiting here upon arrival to the U.S. to retrieve the number. This will be available 24 hours after your arrival in the U.S.)
- If you have dependents, please include the above documents for each dependent.
- Compile all documents from steps 1 and 2 into one combined PDF document (no other file format will be accepted) and attach it to an email.
- Send the email to email@example.com with the subject line reading:
- I-20 Registration (if you are an F-1 student)
- DS-2019 Registration (if you are a J-1 student)
- You will receive a confirmation email stating that your documents have been processed by the ISSS office, after 3 business days, and therefore you do not need to come to the office to confirm.
* Please see the Pre-Arrival Handbook for important information before you arrive in the U.S.