Fredricka K.Reisman, Ph.D.
Program Director of Creativity and Innovation
Director of Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation
One Drexel Plaza
M.S., Creativity and Innovation
Ph.D., Syracuse University
Post-Doc, Mathematics Education, Syracuse University
M.S., Elementary Education, Syracuse University
B.A., Liberal Arts, Syracuse University (completed at Barnard)
Areas of Expertise:
- Mathematics education with emphasis on K-8 learning
- Assessment in K-8 Mathematics
- Assessment and instruction in creativity and innovation
- Program evaluation
- Teacher education K–12
- Curriculum design and development
- Pedagogy design and development
- Learning K-8 mathematics
Becoming aware of creative strengths
Applying creativity and innovation to learning in educational and corporate settings
Applying creativity and innovation to engineering education
- Drexel University, Goodwin College of Professional Studies (2009-present)
- Professor, Multidisciplinary and Emerging Programs
- Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity & Innovation (2003-present)
- Drexel University, Goodwin College of Professional Studies (2009)
- Interim Associate Dean for Research
- Drexel University (2008)
- Assistant Provost for Assessment & Evaluation
- American Creativity Association (ACA) (2002-present)
- President, Treasurer, Recipient ACA Champion of Creativity award
- Drexel University, Goodwin College of Professional Studies, School of Education (1984-2003)
- Director, Founder, Professor
- Syracuse University Arithmetic Studies Center
- First Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Reisman, F.K. Creative, Critical Thinking and Logic in Research. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. July - September 2011, Volume 1 | Issue 2, Page Nos. 96 – 175.
- Apple iTunes/iPhone App: Reisman Diagnostic Creativity Assessment (RDCA). 2010.
- Reisman, F.K. & Hartz, T.A. (2011). Generating a culture for creativity and innovation. Talent Management Handbook 2nd Edition. Edited by Lance A. Berger & Dorothy R. Berger. NY: McGraw Hill.
- Genis, V. and Reisman, F. K. (2010). Preparing a successful NSF grant: A case study. Journal of Engineering Technology. ˆSpring. Vol. 27, No.1. pp. 8-16.
- Reisman, F.K (December 2010). “Creative and Critical Thinking in Biomedical Research” in From Getting Started in Research to Presenting Data in a Scientific Paper (Eds. Y.K. Gupta, M.D., G. Jagadeesh, Ph.D., Sreekant Murthy, Ph.D., Amitabh Prakash, M.D.). Wolters Kluwer Health (India), a subsidiary of Wolters Kluwer Health | Adis, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Reisman, F.K. (2008). Working with children with math problems in Handbook for School Psychologists, 4th Edition (Eds. Cecil Reynolds & Terry Gutkin). New York: John Wiley.
- Reisman, F.K. and Torrance, E.P. (2002). Learning mathematics creatively: Place value. Bensenville, IL: Scholastic Testing Service.
- Torrance, E.P. and Reisman, F.K. (2000). Learning mathematics creatively: Word problems. Bensenville, IL: Scholastic Testing Service.
- Torrance, E.P. and Reisman, F.K. (2000). Learning mathematics creatively: Primes, fractions, decimals. Bensenville, IL: Scholastic Testing Service.