Graduate Student Association
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies consists of three executive boards, one for each division in the Graduate School:
- Division of Biomedical Science Programs
- Division of Interdisciplinary and Career-Oriented Programs
- Division of Pre-medical and Pre-health Programs
View the current GSA executive board members
The Graduate School GSA represents over 800 students and provides a variety of services to enhance the Drexel experience. The GSA executive boards oversee but are not limited to:
- Creating a community within their respective programs, divisions and the Graduate School as a whole.
- Creating and supporting professional and career development opportunities.
- Student representation and voting on the Graduate School Committees, including the Graduate Council and the Collaborative Graduate Council.
- Travel awards for the biomedical science programs.
- Supporting annual events such as orientation, commencement and faculty awards.
- Student mentoring program.
- Networking and social events.
- Oversee community outreach, initiate service projects and volunteer opportunities.
As stated in the GSA bylaws, the purpose of this group is to:
- Operate in compliance with the by-laws of the Biomedical Graduate Student Association;
- Advise the University Student Council on matters of mutual concern to the School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies and the School of Medicine;
- Provide a channel for communication among the graduate students, the University, and the community;
- Serve the graduate students and represent their interests in the University and the community;
- Promote understanding and intellectual stimulation among graduate students, the University, and the community;
- Improve the position of graduate students in academic and extracurricular matters;
- Elevate the quality and standards of graduate education;
- Guarantee the rights and privileges of graduate students as members of the University and the community.
Read the GSA bylaws [PDF]
Banner Photo - Front row from left to right: Korbin Ritter-Butz, Treasurer; Zoe Romm, Vice President; Gerardo Pérez, President; Joseph Beck, Secretary - Back row: 2nd person from the right - Amanda Martinez, Molecular Medicine Program Representative; 4th person from the right - Uju Ofoche, Community Outreach Chair; 5th person from the right - Reddhyia Taylor, Forensic Science Program Representative - Not photographed: Melanie Martin, Hema Muralidharan, Ronnie Shade, Nyrie Soukiazian, Danielle Hofheinz
Back to Top