Home Purchase Assistance Program Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
In October 2010, President John Fry announced an enhanced Employee Home Purchase Assistance Program to connect employees and the University to the University City community and be a catalyst for positive change in West Philadelphia.
On April 28, 2011 Drexel Professor of History and Politics George Ciccariello-Maher, his Wife Abbey, and their 15 month old Son Oakley closed on the first home sale under this program. The occasion was celebrated at a May 12th ribbon cutting ceremony where President Fry presented the Family with a novelty check.
The program is offered to all Drexel and College of Medicine faculty and professional staff and includes:
- $15,000 towards the purchase of a home within defined boundaries
- $5,000 towards renovations of current homes within defined boundaries
- Discount mortgage rates and waived application fees with area bank(s)
- Realty assistance from industry leading agents
- Discounts on moving services
- Areas include 31st to 42nd Streets from Chestnut Street to Mantua Avenue
For more information, please contact Althea Wallace at 215-895-2582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.