First-Year Exploratory Studies Program
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program provides students the opportunity to explore Drexel’s academic options and interests before selecting a major. Students who enroll in this program complete a one-year, full-time plan of study in their first year and then transfer to a full-time major at Drexel at the end of that year.
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program assists and empowers students to:
- examine their academic options,
- find the major that best suits them and their academic and career goals, and
- make a smooth and academically sound transition from First-Year Exploratory Studies to their chosen degree programs.
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program gives students the opportunity to not only search for a major, but also use campus resources to prepare for a career or graduate school. The Goodwin College staff guides Exploratory Studies students as they explore academic and career interests, as well as complete course planning and major selection. This guidance enables students to make well-informed decisions in selecting the right degree program and the best career path.
- Strong developmental academic and career advising,
- Seminar courses to provide guidance and support to first-year exploratory students, focusing on the student and their academic and career exploration,
- Manageable credit loads to encourage exploration and reflection,
- Engagement with other students both in the exploratory program as well as in prospective majors, and
- Use of campus resources to explore academic options and plan for the post-baccalaureate years.