Urban Health Symposium - Reimagining Health in Cities: From Local to Global
Thursday and Friday, September 7 & 8, 2017
12:00 AM-12:00 AM
The Urban Health Collaborative at the Dornsife School of Public Health will host its second Urban Health Symposium, “Reimagining Health in Cities: from Local to Global,” September 7-8, 2017.
The symposium brings together researchers, practitioners and policy makers focused on health in cities across the United States and worldwide to energize work on urban places and health, generate novel ideas for research, and stimulate debate on policy implications.
Confirmed speakers include health department leaders from San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, New York City, and Philadelphia, and global health leaders from Australia, Brazil, India and South Africa.
- Health Challenges Facing Cities in the US and Globally
- Perspectives of Urban Health Leaders
- Novel Uses of Data in Urban Health Research and Action
- Learning What Works from Policy Evaluation and Natural Experiments
- Environmental Justice, Gentrification, and Health
- Community Partnerships for Urban Health Action
Poster abstracts are being accepted through June 1. Urban health research themes may include:
- novel uses of data and methods in urban health
- systems approaches to urban health
- urban health disparities
- interdisciplinary approaches to urban health
- translational research, inter-sectoral actions, and policies
Early bird registration ends July 1. Space is limited and advance registration is required.
Urban Health Collaborative