Student Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working with Drexel Business Services. You may find below the various positions we have available within our eight departments. To submit an application, simply complete the Drexel Business Services Student Employment Application Form and email it, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee employment. For some positions, pre-screening questions may be conducted by the hiring department.
University Housing – Office Assistant
- Greeting customers
- Answering general inquiries and/or providing a focal point to contact as needed
- Providing excellent customer service skills
- Maintaining a clean environment for clients and staff
Student Centers – Concierge
- Provide knowledge of Drexel University and surrounding Philadelphia area.
- Provide information regarding meetings, events and functions that occur on campus.
- Distribute mail and faxes to administrative staff.
- Distribute SEPTA monthly passes to students.
- Approve and post flyers.
- Operate cash register.
- Monitor the distribution of laptops, tablets, easels and temporary IDs.
- Monitor lost and found inventory
- Additional duties as assigned by Drexel Student Centers Administration
Student Centers – Building Manager
- Oversee daily activities of building and serve as primary resource for students, staff, faculty, and guests who utilize the Creese Student Center and Ross Commons.
- Ensure facility cleanliness and professional atmosphere.
- Ensure building is unlocked in mornings and secured at closing.
- Report and record injuries, property damages, emergencies, and unusual incidents.
- Coordinate emergency procedures and responses.
- Communicate maintenance and housekeeping needs to appropriate staff.
- Assist with daily cash operations.
- Supervise Student Center Concierge at Information Desk.
- Act as a proxy for professional staff during off business hours.
- Additional duties assigned by Drexel Student Centers Administration.
Retail Management – Customer Service Assistant
- Ability to verify work study funding
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in customer service is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook is a plus
Printing and Mailing – Customer Service Assistant
- Providing service to walk-in customers and assisting with all aspects of producing a final product
- Operating and supervising print and copy production jobs
- Assisting with all finishing processes for print and copy jobs
- Maintaining a safe and clean environments for both customers and staff
Parking Services – Associate
- Demonstrate solid communication skills
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Provide quality work and customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare reports and documents for processing
- Support customer service and enforcement operations
Event and Conference Services – Office/Event Assistant
- Processing event requests
- Basic meeting, no services
- Putting the Peck Calendar into the system
- Processing classroom requests
- Information tables
- Answering phones
- Event questions
- Diagram formation
- Checking on set ups
- Alcohol form processing
- Assisting with office projects
- Taking event set up pictures
- Updating room standards
- Updating EMS information
- Creating TRAPs
Event and Conference Services – Linen Crew
- Attend pre-conference training meetings as scheduled by the Associate Directorfor Conference Services. Training will be held June 2014 and is mandatory for all summer staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled by the Summer Intern or Associate Director of Drexel Conference Services.
- Weekend desk shifts in residence halls, as scheduled by the Summer Intern or Associate Director of Drexel Conference Services.
- Set up and break down summer conferences as needed. Conference program set up includes the distribution of pillows, blankets and supplies* to conference rooms. Conference program breakdown includes collection of all pillows, blankets and summer conference supplies to be stored for the year.
- Weekly staffing of the Linen Room (four per building) during “Office Hours.”
- Understand; be responsible for and in compliance with access and proper usage of all block/master keys.
- Be a positive role model by complying with all university and residence hall policies
- As a staff member all members of the linen crew are responsible for complying with the student code of conduct and the regulations, which govern the University housing program as, stated in the Occupancy Agreement and the Drexel University Student Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director for Summer Conferences or any University Housing/Residential Living professional staff member.
Event and Conference Services – Co-Op Position
- Overseeing daily operations, staff scheduling, room key and supplies management, etc.
- Assisting with Staff Training : ordering food, organizing training events and sessions.
- Engaging in verbal and written communication to Conference Services Staff, conference guests, colleagues from Drexel departments and external clients
- Managing room audits and room condition reports prior to and after group check out.
- The Co-Op will be assigned managerial tasks; specifically helping to oversee the Conference Services Staff (Conference Assistants, Linen Crew and Late-Stay Orientation Leaders).
- The Co-Op will be responsible for preparing invoices and check-in paperwork.
- Planning and management of the Housing Portion of New Student Orientation (July/August). This includes, but is not limited to: Running Hyperion Reports for student/guest attendance, Managing Student/Parent Check-In and Check-Out, and attending NSO Planning and Feedback meetings.
- The Co-Op position requires high energy, dedication and a willingness to have fun and be creative in a fast-paced environment!
- Other duties as assigned.
Event and Conference Services – Conference Assistant
- Participate in evening duty rounds, weekend on call schedule in Residence Halls and Check- In/Check-Out sessions for visiting groups as scheduled by the Director of Event & Conference Services or Lead Staff Member.
- Occasional Linen Room staffing and assistance, if necessary.
- Attend pre-conference training as scheduled by the Director of Event & Conference Services
- Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled by the Director of Event & Conference Services.
- Assist with pre-check-in and post-check-out room audits.
- Be helpful to any other staff member who may desire cooperation involving residence hall problems or summer conference concerns.
- Maintain accurate communication for conference guests (bulletin boards, pamphlets, etc.).
- Cooperate with other staff by being consistent and assertive in enforcing the residence hall and university policies.
- Confront and document all problems, concerns and violation of residence hall and university policies.
- Set up and break down summer conferences as needed. Conference program set up includes the distribution of pillows, blankets and supplies to all conference rooms. Conference program breakdown includes collection of all pillows, blankets and summer conference supplies to be stored for the year.
Event and Conference Services – A/V Production Technician
- Assist with the set-up, operation, and breakdown of audio/visual components, professional-grade audio, and power distribution systems.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the above-listed equipment
- Event involvement will include: meeting & conferences held in various Drexel University campus buildings, including Creese Student Center, MacAlister, Main, and Bossone buildings, Paul Peck Alumni Center, Papadakis Integrated Sciences Building, etc. Outdoor events also included. Some live music/dance/performance-art events will be covered by this staff.
- Employee will be supervised directly by the Technical Operations Manager, but is answerable to any full-time Event & Conference Services Staff.
- Employee will have contact with clients. Excellent customer service skills are a must!
Dragon Card Office – Office Assistant
- Greeting and providing quality service to customers
- Maintaining strong communication with merchants, both oral and written
- Create and print DragonCard identifications
- Perform other clerical duties as needed
Drexel Business Services – Student Worker for SharePoint
- Possess knowledge of SharePoint and its capabilities
- Have strong communication skills particularly in establishing timelines for project completion, providing details/inquiries with his/her clients (ie, departmental focal points)
- Conduct independent research as requested
Drexel Business Services OneCenter – Office Assistant
- Be able to provide general office duties (photocopying, filing, data entry, etc.)
- Possess excellent oral communication skills in contacting external vendors
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, etc
Drexel Business Services – Freelance Graphic Designer
- Designer must be able to:
- demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- assess time-to-complete for project
- work in a fast-paced environment
- prepare artwork for print while keeping deadlines in mind
- Must be adept in communicating the following well:
- Design ideas
- Design revisions
- Project content