Drexel University Rankings
For a decade, Drexel has been ranked in the category of Best National Universities in "America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report. The University placed 94th overall in the 2018 rankings. Drexel ranked for the first time in 2018 in the “Most International Students” category under national universities, coming in at number 27 with 13 percent of the University’s undergraduate student population enrolled from abroad. The University also was ranked 25th on the “Most Innovative Schools” list for national universities.
As one of the best universities in Philadelphia, Drexel, the University of Pennsylvania and Villanova are the only Philadelphia universities ranked in the top 100 by U.S. News, joined by Carnegie Mellon, Lehigh, Penn State and the University of Pittsburgh across Pennsylvania. Drexel was the only local university to rank for “Most Innovative Schools.”
Drexel University is ranked in the top 8 percent of U.S. colleges and universities in a list compiled by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education. In the list, released in September 2016, Drexel placed 82nd overall out of 1,061 institutions.
In 2016, Drexel ranked in the top 100 of the worldwide list of universities granted U.S. utility patents (National Academy of Inventors and Intellectual Property Owners Association). In a 2017 report (Concept to Commercialization: The Best Universities for Technology Transfer) released by the Milken Institute, Drexel was ranked 46th out of 225 universities across the country based on its “technology transfer,” or ability to translate its academic innovators’ research into actual technologies, products and research-driven startups.
The Center for World University Rankings ranks Drexel among the top 300 universities worldwide, based on measures of educational quality, career outcomes, and for the reputation and research productivity of their faculty (Center for World University Rankings 2015).
Colleges, Schools, and Academic Programs
- The Bennett S. LeBow College of Business recently ranked in the top 20 in the world for its online MBA (Financial Times 2017) and was ranked No. 1 in the world for online MBA career services (Financial Times 2016), No. 1 in the nation for part-time MBA academic quality (Businessweek), No. 15 (graduate) and No. 19 (graduate) for entrepreneurship (Entrepreneur Magazine/Princeton Review), No. 3 in the nation for Executive MBA career progression and No. 19 overall (Financial Times). LeBow was ranked among the best business schools for undergraduate programs (U.S. News).
- The School of Education ranked No. 26 among graduate programs at national private universities (U.S. News).
- The College of Computing & Informatics, saw its Master of Science in Library and Information Science program ranked No. 10 nationally and its health librarianship specialty ranked No. 1 in the nation. Other high-ranking specialties include information systems (No. 3), digital librarianship (No. 6) and school library media (No. 10) (U.S. News).
- Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design interior design programs are ranked No. 10 nationally for undergraduate and No. 10 for graduate (DesignIntelligence 2016).
- Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design's fashion design program is ranked No. 16 among the top 50 fashion schools in the world (Fashionista Magazine, 2010).
- The Fashion Design undergraduate program (Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design) ranked #3 in the United States and #10 in the world. (Business of Fashion 2015).
- Drexel University College of Medicine is ranked 86th overall for research (U.S. News).
- The Dornsife School of Public Health ranked in the nation's top 25 of fully-accredited schools of public health (U.S News).
- College of Nursing and Health Professions physician assistant program ranked among the nation's top 22 and physical therapy and anesthesia programs ranked among the nation's top 51 (U.S. News).
- The Thomas R. Kline School of Law, founded in 2006, is ranked among the top 127 (U.S. News).
- The Thomas R. Kline School of Law was ranked No. 2 nationally on a list of the 10-most under-rated law schools (Bloomberg Business 2015).
- The Thomas R. Kline School of Law was ranked third among the Top 25 law schools in the U.S. for its financial aid packages (Business Insider 2015).
- The Thomas R. Kline School of Law was ranked No. 30 in the National Law Journal's "Where the Jobs Are" law school ranking (2017).
- Drexel's Kline School of Law was ranked #46 in Above the Law’s 2017 “Top 50 Law Schools” in the nation and #4 for state clerkships (2017).
- Drexel's College of Engineering ranked #56 in the category "Top Programs at Engineering Schools Whose Highest Degree is a Doctorate" in the nation. (U.S. News).
- The Digital Media (Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design) gaming program ranked No. 4 among the "Top Undergraduate Schools for Video Game Design Study for 2015" and No. 7 among the top graduate schools (Princeton Review).
- The Department of Materials Science and Engineering's PhD program is ranked 11 out of 88 programs in the nation (National Research Council).
- The Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics graduate program's estimated rank is No. 38 in the nation (National Research Council).
Drexel University Online
- Drexel Online earned exclusive "Honor Roll" distinction in U.S. News & World Report's inaugural online higher education rankings.
- The online nursing program ranked second overall in the nation (U.S. News).
- Online programs ranked among the best online graduate degrees in business, engineering, and library science (U.S. News) .
- Drexel Online was recognized in the top 5 for student engagement (U.S. News).
- Drexel was also ranked in the top 20 for online admissions selectivity (U.S. News).
Other University-wide Rankings
- Drexel bachelor's degree holders rank in the top 13 percent nationally for mid-career salaries at least 10 years after graduation, earning $17,852 more than bachelor's degree holders from comparable institutions, according to the Brookings value-added ranking" (Brookings Institution 2015).
- Drexel is among the top 45 private universities whose graduates out-earn non-degree holders by at least $1 million during their careers. Institutions ranked in 2013 make up the top 1 percent of U.S. colleges as measured by return on investment (AffordableCollegesOnline.org).
- Drexel Co-op ranked in the nation's top 20 (U.S. News).
- The University was named one of America's "Top 25 Most Connected Campuses" (The Princeton Review/Forbes.com).
- Drexel was ranked among the top 25 universities for producing CEOs of Fortune 100 companies (Newsweek/The Daily Beast).
- Drexel is among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools nationally that honor military service members (Military Friendly Schools list).
- The University was ranked among the top 18 schools for veterans (U.S. News).