The Westphal File Server is a cross-platform file storage system provided by Drexel University Information Technology for Westphal departments with storage needs exceeding the restrictions and limitations of Microsoft's online file storage and sharing products.
You can easily connect to the file server from your work or personal computer. Follow the instructions for your operating system from the tabs below.
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar or Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E.
- Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Add a network location.
The Add Network Location dialog will open.
- Select Next, select Choose a custom network location, and then select Next.
- In the Internet or network address box, type the path of the Westphal File Server, and then select Next.
The path is: \\files.drexel.edu\colleges\westphal
- If prompted, enter your Drexel email address and password, and then select OK
- Select Next, and then select Finish.
- Open Finder, then select Go > Connect to server, or press Shift + Command + K.
The Connect to Server dialog will open.
- In the Server address box, type the path of the Westphal File Server.
The path is: smb://files.drexel.edu/colleges/westphal
- If prompted, enter your Drexel email address and password.
- Select Connect.
If you can't connect to the Westphal File Server, you might not have the correct permissions. Email the Westphal IT team for help.