Install the Qube! Client on your PC or Mac
Set up the Qube! Client on your PC or Mac to submit jobs to our Qube! render farm management system.
To learn more about Qube! and how to submit a job to our render farm, see our Qube! video training or contact your course instructor.
Note: If you're working from off campus, you'll need to connect to Drexel's Virtual Private Network (VPN) before you can connect the Qube! server on your PC or Mac.
Install the Qube! Client
Select the instructions for your computer's operating system from the tabs below.
Install on a PC
- Download the Qube_Client_Install_7.0.zip file to your PC.
- Once the download has completed, extract the files to a folder on your PC.
- Double-click the Qube_Core_7.0.msi file, and follow any prompts you may get to complete your installation.
- Double-click the Qube_ArtistView_7.0.msi file, and follow any prompts you may get to complete your installation.
- Once the installations are complete, copy the qb.conf file to the C:\ProgramData\pfx\Qube folder. If you are prompted to replace an existing file, do so.
Install on a Mac
- Download the Qube! installer.
- Open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click the qubeInstaller-4.0-2.MacOSX.x86_64.dmg file (the name might vary slightly).
- Double-click the qubeInstaller.4.0-2.MacOSX-x86_64.app file (the name might vary slightly).
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement. Choose I agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- On the Select Package Manifest screen, choose your operating system, and then click Continue.
- Choose your download location, and then click Choose.
- On the Component Selection screen, choose Client Only, and then click Continue.
- In the Manual Supervisor Discovery dialog box, enter our Qube! Supervisor server hostname, and then click Use this setting.
- On the Component Selection screen, click Continue.
- The Client software begins to download. Click Commit when the downloads are finished.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click OK.
- The software begins to install. Click Commit, and then click Done when the installation is finished.
Qube! video training
Take a tour of Qube! ArtistView
Submit a job with Nuke
Submit a job with Redshift
Note: Your use of each software product is governed by the terms of the product's licensing agreement. In many cases, software is licensed only for the purposes of learning, teaching, training, and research by students, faculty, and professional staff, and may not be used for any commercial, professional, or for-profit purposes. It is your responsibility to review and obey the licensing requirements of each software product you may use. Read the license terms of each software product for additional details regarding use rights.
Back to top