For a better experience, click the icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.
Friday and Saturday, October 13 & 14, 2017
10:30 AM-7:00 PM
Intersections in Process: 2017 DREXEL DESIGN RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM: Free : Today, artists and designers are pursuing work and creative expression that pushes the boundaries of traditional disciplines requiring interdisciplinary collaborations, the mastery of new technologies, and intensive research to unearth new solutions to practical and aesthetic problems. Join us for a symposium that examines the process of design through panels, exhibition and discussions. You are invited for all, or part, of this symposium that examines the process of design through both collected objects and discussions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and attend all, or part, of this inspiring day.
October 13, 2017 Symposium schedule: URBN Center at 3501 Market Street.
HUMAN CENTERED Exploration: Morning Student Run Parallel Sessions: 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
A session showcasing participatory processes in service to the Design Research Thesis Projects
USER CENTERED RESEARCH: 12:30-2:00 p.m
• Knoll Workplace Research: Kimberly Bombery Smith, Senior Director Workplace Strategy, Knoll
Introduced by Suzanne Linus Miller, Architecture & Design Manager, Knoll
USER-CENTERED REFLECTION: Breakout Sessions: 2:30-3:45 p.m.
• OLIN LABS: “Designers as Users”
• DESIGN FUTURES LAB
• HEALTH DESIGN RESEARCH for Innovation Session: Scattergood Projects
IDEATION and ITERATION: Panel Discussion: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
• Gabriela Marcu; Drexel Empathic Lab; http://www.empathicdesignandtech.org/
• Nicole Feller Johnson; DSRE Student; http://nicolefeller-johnson.com/
• Daniel Newman; Architect, Adjunct Instructor MSIAD Program; http://www.droneactionfigure.com/
• Raja Schaar; Assistant Professor Product Design; http://drexel.edu/westphal/about/directory/SchaarRaja/
• Liz Zack, Global Design Innovation, PepsiCo
• Moderated by Joshua Longo http://www.longoland.com/
THINKING_MAKING_DOING: Design Exhibit Reception: 5:30-7 p.m.
Presenting an exhibit showcasing the iterative in design across research labs and practice:
Design Futures Lab
Empathic Research Group
Daniel Newman Studio
Nicole Feller Johnson
Also see our listing in DesignPhiladelphia:
URBN Center 3501 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19104