Undergraduate Research Grants
The Office of Undergraduate Research is able to support student researchers who have been accepted to present their work at local, national, and international conferences. Students who have been accepted to present work at such events can submit applications for partial travel funding. We are able to offer up to $250 in reimbursements for students traveling to conferences that are less than 2,500 miles away and up to $500 in reimbursements for students traveling to conferences that are more than 2,500 miles away (or in international locations).
With our funding, students have been able to attend conferences such as:
- the American Institute of Chemical Engineers’ National Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- the Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists & Herpetologists (Chattanooga, TN)
- the PMI Research & Education Conference (Portland, OR)
- the American Biophysical Society Conference (Baltimore, MD)
- the Mid-Atlantic Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (College Park, MD)
- the Joint Journalism & Communication in History Conference (New York, NY)
Students who are awarded funding are responsible for retaining and submitting original receipts up to (or in excess of) the amount they have been awarded in order to receive their reimbursement.
When submitting receipts for reimbursement, please review the procedures for submitting receipts. Receipts can be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research in MacAlister 3035. Receipts must be submitted within 45 days of the end of travel. Failure to submit receipts per procedure can result in delayed payment.
Submit an Online Grant Application
Procedures for submitting receipts:
Travel grants are awarded via reimbursement. Save all original receipts that you are submitting for reimbursement, and submit them promptly upon return. You will only be reimbursed up to the amount you were awarded, even if you submit receipts that total above this amount.
Receipts must have the following information:
- Your name
- Method of payment
If you are unable to obtain a receipt with this information, please submit a redacted bank statement, with your full name and the transaction shown. All other information can be blacked out.
Receipts should be submitted in the following manner:
- Tape all loose receipts to an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. You may tape multiple receipts to one sheet of paper, but please use only one side of the paper.
- Write your name, Drexel ID, and total in dollars for the receipts on that sheet on each sheet of receipts.
- Submit one packet to the Office of Undergraduate Research (MacAlister 3035). Please paperclip sheets together (do not staple).
Funds will be disbursed in a check via mail or through direct deposit (if you currently have direct deposit set up with Drexel). Checks are mailed to the address on file in your student record (Drexel One, Address of Record). Typical processing time is approximately 2-3 weeks. You must submit receipts within 45 days of the end of travel. Failure to submit receipts through this method can result in delayed payment.