Important Dates and Application Process
Dragon Scholars Online Information Sessions
Students and their parents must register for and attend one online Dragon Scholars information session. See below for a list of dates. Email email@example.com to register.
- Wednesday, April 8 from 12–1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21 from 7–8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12 from 5:30–6:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 1 from 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: May 24, 2020 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
Since offers are made on a rolling basis, applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure their chance at a space.
Selection Notification Begins on May 6, 2020
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee and offers will be made on a rolling basis beginning May 6. We may request an interview if more information is needed to make a selection decision.
The last of the offers will be made by May 27.
Applicants will be notified of final program offer decisions by email.
Program Participation Confirmation Deadline: within five business days from the time of emailed offer.
Students selected to participate must confirm their intent to register by June 5 for the program by completing all items in the checklist by their listed due dates.
Please Note: University-administered placement exams must be completed by June 5. View more information on placement exams. This deadline is important, as the math placement exam will determine the math course you take over the summer.
2020 Program: July 6 to August 7
Dragon Scholars Applicant Checklist
Before Applying to Dragon Scholars
- Review the Dragon Scholars Program website.
- Decide if this program is right for you. Are you interested and able to make the commitment?
- Before filling out the online Dragon Scholars Program application, familiarize yourself with the application's short-answer essay questions, which are listed below.
Apply to Dragon Scholars
Note: Students who have been provisionally admitted to Drexel and completed the Dragon Scholars Terms and Conditions Agreement in Discover Drexel do not need to submit the Dragon Scholars Program Application. Completion of the form secured your spot in the program.
You are now ready to submit the Dragon Scholars Program Application. The deadline is May 24, 2020. Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants are encouraged to apply early since application review and offers are made on a rolling basis.
The application for the Dragon Scholars Program will assist the staff and faculty with learning about the program participants. The essay portion is an important piece that will provide the writing faculty with vital information as they continue to tailor the curriculum to the participants' strengths and areas for improvement.
We suggest that you write your responses to the following questions before you begin the application. You will be given the option to cut and paste your responses into the application or upload all of your answers in a single document. Limit your responses to 300 words per question.
- Discuss a personal challenge that you have faced. Explain how it affected you and the process by which you approached the challenge.
- Explain how your personal attributes will help you contribute to the diversity and learning among Drexel students. Describe how your temperament, cultural background, and life experiences can be assets in your transition to college.
- Our program requires a high level of commitment during the summer. Share an example of your involvement in a program or organization. Describe your participation, any difficulties staying involved, and how you balanced your participation alongside other commitments (e.g., family, school, work, and/or social life).
- As a participant, you will conduct community-based research exploring issues of social inequality. Describe an experience that demonstrates your ability to incorporate your interests, skills, and talents while engaging in activities to improve your community and society. Explain if and how the experience changed your way of thinking and/or deepened your level of participation.
Admission into the Dragon Scholars Program is contingent upon program eligibility, availability, and receipt of all required documents.
After Submitting Your Dragon Scholars Application
You will receive a confirmation email. While waiting to hear back about your application, it is important that you begin working on University requirements (see checklist).
IMPORTANT: Please send your completed Immunization Record form to the address on the form or upload to the "Immunization Record" channel via DrexelOne.
Contact Disability Resources, If Needed
Drexel University encourages students with disabilities of any kind to coordinate with the Disability Resources as soon as they matriculate. Due to the accelerated nature of the Dragon Scholars Program, it is important for students who need accommodations to begin the process as soon as possible. Once registered with Disability Resources, we request a copy of all accommodation verification letters be submitted to the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under no circumstances should any medical documentation be given to anyone other than staff in Disability Resources.