Programs, Events, and Opportunities
First Forward hosts a variety of events each year for first-generation students, faculty, staff, and their allies. Some examples of our regular events are below:
Programs and Events
- Welcome Week Mixer: This is an opportunity for students, faculty, and staff who are first-generation college students to come together informally for conversation and networking.
- Welcome Week Session: This session combines small facilitated discussions with a student and staff panel to help incoming first-generation students and their families get a better sense of what Drexel is really like. This session is repeated during Family Weekend.
- Lunch and Learn Series: An ongoing series of lunchtime round-table discussions open to all interested students, faculty, and staff. Previous topics have included "What I Wish I knew about Academics" and "What I Wish I knew about Life on Campus."
- Spring Welcome Back Mixer: Held at the beginning of spring quarter and intended to give students returning from co-op an opportunity to connect or reconnect to First Forward, this mixer is open to all Drexel students, faculty, and staff.
- Graduation Celebration: An opportunity to recognize the graduation of first-generation seniors and graduate students.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Current Drexel students can join the Dragon's First student organization.
There are currently no events scheduled.