The Thinking Forward group was charged with a range of related pre-planning efforts designed to position to begin the next strategic planning process, including:
The higher education landscape is changing rapidly. What does “thinking forward” in some key areas tell us about where we are and where we want to go?
- Demographic shifts
- AI and the future of work
- Leveraging educational technology
- Future role of online
Sharpening our topical focus
- Identifying key areas for the strategic plan consistent with our understanding of where we are in the current environment
- Prioritizing / integrating strategic goals
Plan structure and process
The Thinking Forward committee began its work with a review of the previous strategic plan and will recommend approaches for the next full strategic plan, based on a thoughtful consideration of key questions:
- How should we organize the 2020 plan?
- How should strategy be funded?
- Design principles for the next plan.
- How support planning with data / evidence?