Values and Guidelines
The EPC fosters an environment of trust and respect whereby members are highly engaged in the impactful work of the committee. This environment is based on the committee’s values of voice for all members whereby individuals can contribute and integrate their perspectives in a psychologically safe environment that minimizes status and role differences. In this regard, members of the committee value differences, listen for and seek understanding, cultivate a sense of curiosity, and hold generous assumptions of individuals’ ideas and contributions. In doing so, the committee will produce high-quality, innovative, evidenced-based outputs that significantly impact Drexel University.
In support of these values, the EPC operates based on the following guidelines:
- The Committee will monitor its values and Guidelines and collectively discuss them on a quarterly basis.
- The Committee will meet on a regular basis for a reasonable amount of time in each meeting in order to move through topics in a timely manner.
- The Committee will strive to act by building consensus.
- Any member of the Committee may bring a topic including an opportunity, concern, challenge, etc. to the table for consideration by the Committee.
- Any topic brought for consideration by the Committee can be done so in writing; documentation will contain, at a minimum, a clear and concise statement of the concern or problem and a suggestion of stakeholders at the University affected by that concern.
- The Committee will discuss all topics put on the table and decide on the order of importance or order of attention.
- Topics may be remanded by the Committee for consideration by another body, such as a University Advisory Committee, particularly when the topic is complicated and warrants significant prior study, preparation of a white paper or other document summarizing current practice or scholarly research.
- A scribe (non‐member of the Committee) will keep minutes of the deliberations of the Committee. These minutes will be provided to all members prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Committee and will be archived to preserve a record of the considerations of the Committee.
- All white papers or other research produced for or by the Committee will be archived as a record of the considerations of the Committee.
- All archived materials of the Committee will be available to any member of the Committee at any time.
- The Committee will provide quarterly updates to the Drexel community on actions decided and on topics under active consideration.
- The Committee may modify these Guidelines for Operations at any time by consensus agreement of the current members of the Committee.
- Additional members of the Committee may be appointed by the President in consultation with the Chair of the Faculty Senate.