Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
4875 N. Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92106
Vision of WCCI:
Founded in Asilomar, California, USA in 1970 at a conference of educators who shared a common vision of promoting international understanding, the World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI) is a transnational educational organization committed to advancing the achievement of a just, peaceful and sustainable world community. WCCI has been accredited as an NGO holding special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
of the United Nations.
Conference Theme: “Educating the Global Citizen for the Future: Today”
Submissions of proposals for papers, symposia, workshops and poster presentations are invited in various thematic areas and field of interests in transformative education relevant to the conference theme including:
Call for Proposals
- Global Citizenship Education (GCED) Global Education
- Disarmament Education Education for Non-Violence
- Peace Education Human Rights Education
- Education for Gender Equality Values Education
- Intercultural and Multicultural Education Interfaith & Intra-faith Dialogue and Education
- Indigenous Education Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) & Futures
- Development Education Education for Social and Economic Justice
- Education for Inner Peace Humanistic Education
- Health Education Mindfulness Education
- Early Childhood Education Education for Trauma Healing
- Higher Education Basic Education
- Education for Community Development Media and Information Technology Education
- Technical & Vocational Education & Training Non-Forma Education
- Other related Fields
- Proposals of 200 words or less and abstracts (max 50 words) should be submitted ONLINE on or before October 1, 2019. Earlier submissions are encouraged.
- Acceptance letters of proposals will be e-mailed by November 15, 2019 or earlier for proposals submitted by or before September 1, 2019. All proposals will be peer reviewed. [Please note that if proposals for papers or symposia are not accepted, author(s) may also be considered for the inclusion of their papers or symposia through a poster presentation]
- All accepted presenters (author or co-authors) must be a member and register for the conference by the Early Bird registration deadline (February 1, 2020) to ensure inclusion of her/his/their presentation in the Program.
- A maximum of two proposals may be submitted for review. However, only ONE will be accepted for presentation and the author(s) must make a commitment to present it in person. Should the author(s) fail to show up, her/his paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings. Presenters at the conference must pay the registration fee by no later than the Standard Registration deadline ( see below) in order for his/her name to be printed in the Conference Program.
- Selected papers will be peer reviewed for possible inclusion in the Conference Proceedings.
Proposals for Paper/Symposia/Poster/Workshop Presentations should be sent to Marites Guingona-Africa, Chairperson, WCCI 2020 Conference Program at firstname.lastname@example.org