E-Learning Leadership Teaching Certificate Program
Drexel University School of Education
The graduate certificate program in e-learning leadership from Drexel University’s School of Education is designed to meet the needs of today's working professionals across many fields. As the demand for academic programs and courses to be delivered via e-learning continues to grow, the corresponding need for leadership in this important area increases. Similarly, corporations continue to seek leaders to oversee training and development initiatives via e-learning. This
What Can a Graduate Certificate in E-Learning Leadership Do For You?
The Drexel E-Learning Leadership certificate provides the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed in this important area for students who do not wish to pursue a master's degree but who would value a credential that demonstrates their learning.
Upon completion of the program, students will have formed an in-depth understanding of online and distance learning theories and will be able to answer the following questions:
- Which emerging technologies hold greatest promise for enriching learning
experiences throughout the educational enterprise?
- What pedagogical strategies should designers embody in instructional materials, including those based on multimedia and those reflected in gaming environments?
- How should educators deploy, manage, and evaluate information and communication technologies in classrooms for optimal educational effects?
- What principles of design and practice should educators incorporate into distributed educational courses and programs?
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in E-Learning Leadership?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 2 years
- Number of Credits to Completion: 18.0
- Course descriptions can be found in the Drexel University Course catalog.
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in E-Learning Leadership?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay (500 - 750 words) describing your interest in the program. Specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why are you moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in E-Learning Leadership?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Aid eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in E-Learning Leadership from Drexel University?
For additional information about this program, contact the Program Manager:
School of Education