Hiring an Undergraduate Co-op
The undergraduate co-op program enables
students to alternate classes with full-time
employment through University-approved employers.
Generally, students are on co-op for a six-month period, alternating with six months of classroom study. Undergraduate students on co-op work full-time for 32–40 hours a week in paid positions while they are not taking classes. Some students accept unpaid co-ops where they work part-time for 20 hours a week.
Co-op Cycle Overview
While the majority of the 80+ majors at Drexel are available for employment during both the fall/winter and spring/summer co-op cycles, a select number of majors are on specific cycles as determined by their respective academic department. For more information on majors with special cycles, please contact your Co-op Advisor or if you are prospective employer, contact our Employer Relations team.
Six-Month Co-op Cycles
- Fall/Winter – End of September to the end of March
- Spring/Summer cycle – Beginning of April to the end of September
Co-op Cycle Exceptions
- Summer only – Late June to late September (specific to Entertainment & Arts Management and Music Industry majors)
- Winter/Spring cycle – Beginning of January to middle of June (specific to tax accounting positions; please contact your co-op advisor for more information).
Recruiting Rounds for Each Co-op Cycle
There are three rounds of recruiting (A, B, and C) for each
co-op cycle. These rounds are conducted through the SCDConline recruitment system. Students participate in the rounds until they find
a co-op placement, and all unpaired jobs roll to subsequent
rounds until they are filled. Each round is date driven, with
specific deadlines for submitting job descriptions, conducting
interviews and making offers or ranking candidates.
View important dates for Undergraduate Co-op Employers.
All job postings,
and offers made in
- On-campus interviews are
- All job postings,
and offers made in
- All interviews are conducted
Jobs are posted
and students apply
- Employers contact
candidates directly to
schedule interviews and