University Catalog and Student Degree Requirements
- Approval Date: 9/6/16
- Effective Date: 9/6/16
- Issuing Authority: Provost
- Implementing Office: Office of the Provost
PURPOSE AND APPLICATION
The Drexel University Catalog serves as the official source of all University-approved academic programs. Students enrolled in specific programs will find academic requirements for completion of their academic programs in the Catalog.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The University Catalog
The official University Catalog for the upcoming academic year is published annually on or around July 1 in electronic format as a single document. A live web-viewable version of the University Catalog is active throughout the year. The official University Catalog contains academic programs with respective degree requirements and courses that have been approved by the faculty and administration at the time of its publication. The web-viewable University Catalog is based on the official University Catalog, but it may be modified during the academic year with dates of edits noted as follows:
- New programs approved for the subsequent academic year may be inserted with the note that they are applicable to the next academic year;
- Programs that will no longer be offered and for which admissions activities have ceased will be annotated; these programs remain in future catalogs until all students in a program have completed the program or until five years have passed, whichever comes first;
- Factual errors and/or typographical errors may be corrected; and
- Points of clarification may be inserted.
At the end of an academic year, the edited web-viewable catalog is archived and maintained by the Office of the Provost. At that time, the subsequent academic year official University Catalog is published.
Catalog Year and Student Degree Requirements
The degree requirements for a new student are based on the University Catalog effective as of the academic year of their initial enrollment.
The degree requirements for a student who transfers into Drexel are based on the University Catalog effective as of the academic year of their initial enrollment.
Change of Major Students
The degree requirements for a Student who changes his/her major are based on the University Catalog effective as of the academic year in which the change of major is approved.
The degree requirements for a Student who is readmitted into an academic program is based on the University Catalog effective as of the academic year of readmission.