Credit/No Credit Option
Effective Date: September 10, 2018
Reaffirmed Date: N/A
Correlates to Procedure No.: N/A
Issuing Authority: Provost
Issuing Office: Office of the Provost
PURPOSE AND APPLICATION
The Credit/No Credit grading option offer students a broadened educational experience and additional flexibility in their elective choices.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Credit/No Credit Grading Option allows undergraduate students the opportunity to broaden their educational experience and add flexibility in their elective choices by registering for and attending a course without effect on the GPA. Satisfactory performance in a course taken under this Option result in a grade of Credit (CR) on the transcript; while academic credit is awarded, the grade is not calculated in the term or cumulative GPA. Unsatisfactory performance in a course taken under this Option will result in a grade of No Credit (NCR) on the transcript; no academic credit will be awarded and the term and cumulative GPA will not be affected.
- Students should consult with their academic advisor regarding course selection and the option must be selected during the drop/add period.
- Students may elect to choose the Credit/No Credit Grading Option only for elective courses with approval by their Academic Advisor for their specific major.
- A maximum of six courses may be taken with this option during a student’s entire undergraduate program with a maximum of one course per term.
- Students on academic probation are not eligible for the Credit/No Credit Grading Option.
- The grading options for instructors are either Credit (CR) or No Credit (NCR).
- If the earned grade is "C" or higher the instructor will report a grade of "CR" (credit) for the course and the credits will count toward graduation requirements.
- If the earned grade is "C-", "D" or "F" the instructor will report a grade of "NCR" (no credit) for the course, and no credit will be counted toward graduation requirements.
- A grade of "CR" or "NCR" will be included on the student'stranscript with a special notation indicating that the course was taken under the Credit/No Credit Grading Option.
- Credit earned taken under the Credit/No Credit Grading Option is not included in calculating the student's grade point average.
ENTITIES AFFECTED BY THIS POLICY
NOTES / CONSIDERATIONS
Students have until the end of the Course Add/Dropperiod to select or delete the credit/no credit option for a course for which they are registered. All students must apply for the Credit/No Credit option using the Credit/Non-Credit Option Application form found on Drexel Central.
Course Adjustment Period (Definition)
Granting of Degrees
Term Credit Limit