Accepting Applications for Executive Director of The Environmental Collaboratory
June 24, 2021
This message was sent to all faculty and staff by the Provost and the Senior Vice Provost of University Collections and Exhibitions on June 24, 2021.
We are pleased to announce a search for the inaugural Executive Director of The Environmental Collaboratory. Conceptually devised by Drexel's Academy of Natural Sciences, the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering, The Environmental Collaboratory is a groundbreaking sustainability approach that unites Drexel, the Academy and their communities in a shared endeavor to sustain our planet and mitigate its degradation.
Bringing faculty, staff, students, partners and the public together, The Collaboratory will develop and integrate research, education, civic engagement and public programming to solve problems, shape culture and catalyze curricular innovation. The Collaboratory will achieve these outcomes by focusing on three key areas: Use-Inspired Research, Civic Engagement and Internal Community Building. A research fund for the Collaboratory will also be launched in the fall.
This vision has been developed over more than two years of planning and in consultation with an internal Design Council, comprising 43 members from across 20 Drexel colleges, departments and units, which met in August and September of 2020.
Reporting to the Provost, the Executive Director of The Environmental Collaboratory will plan and implement a visionary strategy to spearhead this collaboration. The executive search committee for the role, including faculty, administrators, students and professional staff representing expertise in research, pedagogy, community engagement and institutional leadership, is as follows:
- Rosalind Remer, PhD (Chair), Senior Vice Provost, University Collections and Exhibitions, Executive Director of the Lenfest Center for Cultural Partnerships
- Lucy Kerman, PhD, Senior Vice Provost, University and Community Partnerships
- Rajneesh Suri, PhD, Interim Senior Vice Provost for Academic Industry Partnerships, Vice Dean for Research and Strategic Partnerships, LeBow College of Business
- Dominique Thomas, Coordinator, Women in Natural Sciences Program, The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Shivani Acharya, Student Representative, Marketing and Finance, LeBow College of Business
- Ayana Allen-Handy, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Education
- Jerry Fagliano, MPH, PhD, Associate Clinical Professor and Chair, Environmental and Occupational Health
- Sharon Walker, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, Dean of the College of Engineering
- Kelly Joyce, PhD, Professor of Sociology, Department of Sociology, Interim Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Scott Cooper, PhD, President and CEO, The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Hugh Johnson, MS, Senior Associate, Office of Research and Innovation
Drexel University invites nominations and applications for Executive Director of The Environmental Collaboratory [PDF]. Please download the linked PDF to learn more about the position.
Paul E. Jensen
Executive Vice President
Nina Henderson Provost
Senior Vice Provost and Executive Director
University Collections and Exhibitions
Lenfest Center for Cultural Partnerships