Assessment, Accreditation, & Effectiveness
The purpose of academic assessment at Drexel University is to improve the overall educational experience of our students. This is achieved through assessment activities based on institutional values that aim to produce relevant and reliable data for aligning curricular design, course content, and pedagogical approaches consistent with Drexel’s mission and values. In all assessment activities the faculty and staff of the university endeavor to take full consideration of the different educational and cultural backgrounds of our increasingly diverse student population. The primary objective of our assessment program is to establish a practice of research that informs planning, and results in measurable improvements for our students.
- create a sustainable university climate for assessing student learning outcomes.
- support and encourage flexible approaches to assessment that are useful, cost effective, accurate and truthful, planned and organized, and finally sustained.
- provide training for the process to all faculty
- use assessment results to improve teaching and learning.
The Office of Assessment, Accreditation and Effectiveness in concert with the Office of the Provost of Drexel University will:
- provide the human, financial and physical resources needed to implement and sustain the outcomes assessment process.
- embed assessment of student learning outcomes into the curriculum development process.
- provide on-going professional development opportunities for faculty and administrators in the area of student outcomes assessment.