During initial or comprehensive on-site visits the review team will:
- Verify the information provided in the Self-Study Report.
- Investigate issues identified during the review of the Self-Study Report.
- Interview students, faculty members, administrators, and staff.
- Review display materials.
- Visit classrooms, labs, and other key facilities.
- Assist each program under review in recognizing its strong and weak points.
- Share suggestions for improvements or exchange best practices.
- Present an oral exit interview to the institution as a whole
- Submit an extensive exit report for the institution and MSCHE
The Self Study team will ensure that the institution:
- Has a mission appropriate to higher education;
- Is guided by well-defined and appropriate goals, including goals for student learning;
- Has established conditions and procedures under which its mission and goals can be realized;
- Assesses both institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes, and uses the results for improvement;
- Is accomplishing its mission and goals substantially;
- Is organized, staffed, and supported so that it can be expected to continue to accomplish its mission and goals; and
- Meets the requirements of affiliation and accreditation standards of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education