Resources for Students and Families
Registering with Disability Resources
Students who seek accommodations for a documented disability will first need to complete an Online Intake Form. Students can submit this request through the ClockWork database. On the ClockWork menu page, select the Online Intake Form and follow the instructions.
ClockWork allows students to complete the following electronically:
- Request NEW accommodations.
- Register to take exams with Disability Resources.
- Request alternative format / accessible books and materials (feature coming soon).
- Request note-taking services (feature coming soon).
Students cannot register to take exams until they have renewed their accommodations for the term. To renew your accommodations, please email email@example.com to request a current Accommodations Verification Letter (AVL).
Log in to ClockWork
Updated information about ClockWork will be provided as it is available. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students also need to submit documentation from a licensed medical professional that provides the following:
- A diagnosis of the disability, which is an impairment and/or condition that substantially limits a major life activity for six months or longer. Temporary adjustments are also available for individuals with short term impairments such as those due to accident or injury.
- A discussion of the impact of the diagnosis on the individual.
Documentation must be on letterhead and signed by the evaluator/medical professional.
Once the documentation and Request for Accommodations are received by Disability Resources, they are reviewed by Disability Resources professional staff. If the documentation is complete, the student will receive an email inviting them to make an appointment with a professional staff member to discuss accommodations.
If the documentation is incomplete or the documentation does not indicate a qualifying disability, Disability Resources will contact the student.
The Interactive Process
Students who are eligible to receive accommodations for a documented disability will discuss their request and their specific needs with a Disability Resources professional. Accommodations are based on the disability, the submitted documentation, and the impact of the disability on the individual student. During this interactive process, common topics like the following may be discussed:
- Resources available to students
- Signing up for exams
- Assistive technology
- Audio recording
- Communicating academic accommodations to instructors
The Accommodations Verification Letter
Students who are eligible for accommodations may email email@example.com to request their Accommodations Verification Letter (AVL). This letter lists the student's approved accommodations and is submitted to instructors, once they are requested by the student.
Accommodations cannot be granted by instructors until an AVL is submitted to that instructor. The AVL must be renewed at the beginning of every term because the student's courses and instructors will change and this may necessitate changes in the student's accommodations.