The following message was sent to Drexel students on Oct. 13:
Dear Drexel Student,
To maintain the health and safety of everyone in our community, Drexel is continuing to provide—and in some cases require—ongoing COVID-19 testing for students on campus. At this time, we are expanding the availability of testing to students, including undergraduate students who live off campus and are pursuing their studies remotely. We want to give you our most current testing information.
- Drexel students who feel sick or who have been exposed to someone known to be infected with COVID19 should always contact the Student Health Center directly at 215-220-4700 to arrange evaluation and testing. The Drexel Health Tracker (required for all students on campus) should also prompt you to call the Student Health Center when you record having symptoms.
- New!! As a Drexel student, you can now also schedule a free COVID-19 test if you have no symptoms of illness. Students who are learning remotely, but live nearby campus, are welcome to make an appointment for testing. At this time, testing will be offered in Myers Hall, 3301 Race Street on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM (except on University holidays), by appointment only. Since Monday this week was a University holiday, testing will be offered on Wednesday and Thursday this week and thereafter on Mondays and Wednesdays. Once the schedule is completely full, you will be directed to the next available testing day.
- Do not show up for testing without an appointment! If you are interested in registering to be tested and you do not have any symptoms, click the following link to register and schedule your appointment: COVID‑19 Test Registration.
- We note that those students who live off campus and have 3 or more roommates may be particularly at increased risk of infection and should thus consider testing.
- If you haven’t done so, you must download the Drexel Health Tracker App and start using it. In addition to using the App to report your symptoms, you will need the Health Tracker App to access your test results.
- Work is currently underway to make the Drexel Health Tracker App an essential part of Drexel’s COVID testing strategy. Note that we will be rolling out a more robust student testing strategy over time that will require your participation.
Thank you for your efforts to stay safe and keep your peers and everyone in our community healthy. More information will soon be available on Drexel’s Response to Coronavirus website — please continue to check the site for updates.
Janet Cruz, MD
Director, Student Health
Marla J Gold, MD, FACP
Director, Return to Campus Operations