With the end of July coming to a close, Drexel is looking ahead not only to the next month, but the fall return to campus. New updates were recently announced regarding parking updates (both for those returning and those continuing to work from home) and stores, restaurants and other businesses restarting operations on the University City Campus.
Here’s what was heard around campus this month:
Parking Updates for Return to Campus
Information on parking permits for those returning to campus is provided below. Please note that a parking placard/sticker is no longer needed to park in the Garage or Lot F; instead, you will use your DragonCard to enter and exit at all times. For updated information on daily and hourly parking on Drexel’s campus, please review the Visitor and Daily Parking page of the Drexel Parking website. If you have any questions about parking, please contact Drexel Parking Services at email@example.com.
For employees who had a full-time parking permit prior to COVID-19 closures:
- If you will be returning to campus full-time effective Aug. 1, click here to acknowledge your renewal. You will begin to be charged the $177/month rate via payroll deduction effective with your first paycheck after Aug. 1. To make any adjustments to your vehicle information, please visit the ParkDrexel portal in the Campus + Community tab in DrexelOne.
- If you will be returning to campus for the fall term and do not need parking before fall term begins, you can delay the start of your parking permit by completing this Request Form by Aug. 15.
- If you want to cancel your parking permit, you may do so via this Request Form.
- If you’d like to change to a newly offered part-time permit (one, two or three days per week), visit the ParkDrexel Portal and select “Order Permit.” Part-time parkers will be assigned to the Drexel Garage (34th and Ludlow) or F Lot (32nd and Ludlow).
- Employees who are in Phase 4 and looking to retain their parking space for January 2021 may cancel their permit now to avoid payroll deduction. On the cancellation form, please indicate your interest in a January permit. Parking Services will open a brief re-registration period prior to winter term (and before winter term new permit registration opens) for employees who previously had permits, based on available space at that time.
For employees who wish to purchase a new parking permit:
Deadline to Elect Voluntary Retirement Incentive Plan and Tenured Faculty Transition Plan
In a recent survey sent to the Drexel community asking about concerns regarding our potential return to campus in the fall, faculty and professional staff members expressed an increased interest in retirement options due to the changes associated with the pandemic. In response, HR developed enhanced options available to eligible faculty and professional staff who wish to retireand/or relinquish tenure by Aug. 31, 2020: the Voluntary Retirement Incentive Plan (VRIP) and the Tenured Faculty Transition Plan (TFTP). For more information, please visit the HR website. Both faculty and professional staff can schedule 1:1 consultations to learn more. The final day to elect participation in VRIP or TFTP for an August 31, 2020, retirement/tenure relinquishment date is July 31, 2020.
Free Webinar on Stress Management: “Finding a Safe Harbor”
Health Advocate is hosting a special free webinar on July 30 called “Finding a Safe Harbor: Strategies to Manage Stress and Uncertainty.” This webinar will help you address ongoing challenges, identify tools and techniques to manage stress, and prepare for an uncertain future. Topics covered during this presentation will include: identifying self-care tools to effectively cope with stress, addressing decision fatigue, tips on how to stay connected with others, and more.
Are you seeking better emotional balance, financial advice, or tips on working from home with kids? Health Advocate has you covered. Visit their COVID-19 page to replay webinars on these topics and many others that will help you live a healthier life. And if you need help understanding your health insurance or sorting through COVID-19 symptoms and best practices, you can call Health Advocate and speak to an advocate today: 1.866.695.8622.
Reminder: Merchants Open for Business Around Campus
Drexel Business Services is excited to inform you that a few of the local business and Drexel brands on campus have re-started their operations.
The following merchants have re-opened for Take-Out:
- Chick-fil-A’s location at Northside Dining Terrace
- Drexel Pizza at 33rd and Arch streets
- Shake Shack’s location at 32nd and Chestnut streets
- Fuel’s location at 32nd and Chestnut streets
- Chipotle’s location at 34th Street and Lancaster Avenue
- Old Nelson’s location at 34th Street and Lancaster Avenue
- Insomnia Cookies’ location at 34th Street and Lancaster Avenue
The following merchants are currently open for service:
- Landmark Americana’s location at 34th and Market streets, serving an expanded outside seating area
- Wawa’s location at 34th and Market streets
Barnes & Noble is fulfilling online orders daily for merchandise, school supplies and many other instore items. Take advantage of your faculty/staff discount by using the code FACULTY1 for 15 percent off your order Saturday to Thursday, or 25 percent off on Fridays.
Please visit the merchants’ websites for hours and further details around their current operations. If you have questions, you may contact the DragonCard Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.895.6095, Monday—Friday, 8 a.m.—5 p.m.
Director of Grounds Maintenance Earns CEFP Certification
Scott Dunham, director of grounds maintenance, recently completed and passed his Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP) exam, demonstrating his commitment to professional excellence and providing a new resource for the team. The CEFP, administered by the Association of Physical Plant Administrators, is an advanced level of certification that signifies dedication to and expertise in the core competencies for education facilities professionals. Congratulations to Scott and the Real Estate and Facilities team for this achievement!