Curriculum and Assessment
The physician refresher medical update is a distance-learning didactic curriculum that provides up-to-date general medical information (including subspecialty) needed for clinical practice and to help you identify areas of internal medicine specialty and subspecialty knowledge required for additional selective study. Each lecture has post-assessment exam questions.
- Physicians who wish to gain relicensure and return to active clinical medicine after an extended leave.
- Physicians who wish to enhance their focus or area of interest and need a primary medical update.
- Physicians who wish to enhance their clinical skills, update their medical knowledge, or enhance their investigatory and analytic skills for use in clinical situations.
- International medical graduates who wish to become acculturated into the U.S. medical system in order to enhance competitiveness for a U.S. graduate medical education training program.
- Learners who wish to prepare for the NBME Clinical Knowledge Exam.
Faculty members are from Drexel University College of Medicine, under the leadership of Nielufar Varjavand, MD.
View continuing medical education credit information and faculty disclosure statements for the medical update program.
Upon completion of this course: reviewing assigned online lectures and answering all quiz questions accurately, participants will meet the goals and objectives in the following categories:
The post-test examination is used as an assessment tool to determine whether a participant has attained the educational objectives. Three to five questions on the examination will address the learning objectives of each lecture. The participant may take the exam as many times as it takes to answer all questions correctly. CME credit for module 2 will be granted only to those participants who have answered all questions on the post-test exam correctly and who have completed the evaluation provided at the end of each activity.