Financial Aid for Summer 2021
March 15, 2021
Students interested in receiving financial aid for the Summer Semester at the law school should note the following:
- The tuition charges this summer will be $1,065 per credit after the law school’s 33% discount is applied. The General Student Fee will be $420.
- Law Merit Scholarships cannot be applied to summer tuition by students in the 3 year JD program. Students in joint degree programs or international programs should speak separately with their advisors about their scholarships.
- Students taking at least 4.5 credits (half time enrollment) can take out Federal Graduate Plus Loans to cover their expenses. You can start applying for summer loans the third week of March at www.studentaid.gov. The loan is for 2020-21 (not 2021-22). The loan term is 05/24/2021 - 08/05/2021.
- If students take out Federal Graduate Plus Loans to cover their expenses in the summer an allocation for the costs of living expenses for 2 months, as well as tuition and fees, are added to a summer student’s 2020-21 budget. Funds are scheduled to disburse around May 17, 2021 with refunds issued by the Bursar’s Office over the next two-three days.
- There are no additional financial aid applications necessary if your FAFSA for 2020-21 is on file with the school.
- Students in the 2 year JD program are already packaged for summer and will not need to take additional steps.