Recommendations for Limiting Background Noise During Online Collaboration
September 2, 2020
Too much background noise during your online collaboration sessions? You have a couple of options open to you.
First, try using a headset with a noise-cancelling microphone. Example models include:
- Sennheiser SC 160 USB-C Double-Sided Headset
- Jabra BIZ 1500 Duo – headset
- Jabra Evolve 80 UC
- Logitech USB Wired Headset H390
Or, call into your session with a smartphone—these usually have a noise-cancelling microphone built in.
Second, try turning on noise suppression in Zoom:
- Go to Audio Settings > Advanced and try turning on Suppress Persistent Background Noise and/or Suppress Intermittent Audio Noise.
- Mute your audio when you are not speaking.