Announcing the @dragons.drexel.edu Alumni Addresses
July 3, 2019
Drexel's new @dragons.drexel.edu email service launches today! This new service allows Drexel alumni to keep their Drexel Office 365 mailbox indefinitely. The associated email address, however, will change to reflect your changing relationship with the University.
2018-19 (recent) graduates will see the following changes:
- We will set additional email addresses for your mailbox that end with @dragons.drexel.edu. There will be one corresponding to each @drexel.edu address you already have (email@example.com and First.Middle.Last@drexel.edu; and also firstname.lastname@example.org if you set one up).
- We will change the "send from" address for your mailbox to your new address. Email you send from your Drexel mailbox will appear to come from email@example.com.
From now through the first year after graduation:
- Your original @drexel.edu addresses remain in place for one year after graduation. The new firstname.lastname@example.org is now your primary address (what appears in the From: field).
- You continue to have access to Drexel Connect so you can use DrexelOne to look up records, request transcripts, and so forth during this year.
One year from graduation and forward:
- You’ll have your @dragons.drexel.edu alumni email account to keep. The old @drexel.edu addresses will stop working, and access to Drexel Connect ends.
Note: The next step of transition for alumni who graduated more than a year ago is tentatively scheduled for early September 2019. At that point, access to Drexel Connect ends, and the old @drexel.edu addresses stop working. You’ll have your @dragons.drexel.edu alumni address to keep.
Details of IT services for alumni are given at Drexel.edu/IT/NewAlumni. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or call 215.895.2020. All good luck for the future.