Personal Web Page
All faculty, professional staff, students, and student organizations are allowed to create personal Web pages on the Drexel Unix "Pages" server (DUNX1). The URL for published personal Web pages is formatted like this: http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~userid.
Drexel Unix Server (DUNX1) Page Listings
What You Need
Create Your Account
To access your personal Web space, you must first create a Drexel Unix (DUNX1) account.
Setting up your DUNX1 account and uploading files will require connection through the following software applications:
Step One: Creating a Public_html folder
You will need an sFTP client for the next steps.
- Windows users can download an sFTP client such as BitVise or FileZilla.
- Mac user can use the built-in terminal client in OS X.
Video tutorials for Mac and PC
- Open your chosen sFTP Client and connect. See sFTP Client (Windows) or Fetch (macOS) for instructions.
- Verify that you have a public_html directory by typing the command ls and pressing enter. If you see the public_html directory listed, proceed to step 5, otherwise go to step 4.
- At the command prompt type in the command mkdir public_html and press enter. If you get the response:
mkdir: Failed to make directory "public_html"; File exists
that means that you already had the directory and can proceed to the next step.
- At the command prompt type in the command webshare and press enter.
- At the command prompt type in the command exit and press enter. This will disconnect you from your Dunx1 account. You only need to run this command once for your permissions to be set.
Step Two: Create Your Web Pages
Build out your pages for your site using your favorite HTML page editor (e.g. Dreamweaver).
Step Three: Publish Your Web Pages
Transfer your files to www.pages.drexel.edu via sFTP (secure file transfer protocol).