Policy Number: HR-60
Effective Date: January 2017
Responsible Office: President of Drexel University Online
This policy was established to communicate the philosophy Drexel University Online has adopted regarding its pay practices.
This policy applies to all eligible Professional Staff Members.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of the Department of Human Resources.
The President of Drexel University Online is the Drexel University Online official responsible for the administration of this policy.
Drexel University Online's compensation program is designed to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure fair and consistent pay practices.
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Operate within the constraints of Drexel University Online's budgetary process and financial resources.
- Ensure administrative efficiency.
- Allow Drexel University Online to offer competitive salaries relative to the labor markets in which Drexel University Online recruits.
Drexel University Online generally recruits in the local and regional labor markets to fill nonexempt positions and in the regional and national labor market to fill exempt positions. While pay practices reflect local living costs, they are competitive with pay practices in the relevant labor markets.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT NOT AFFECTED
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated in this policy, nothing herein is intended to alter the at-will status of any Professional Staff Member. Drexel University Online at all times retains the right to terminate any Professional Staff Member at any time for any lawful reason, or for no reason at all.