Peer Ambassador Program
Starting a new job is exciting, but it can also be stressful due to the uncertainty that comes with acclimating to a new workplace culture and environment. At Drexel, we strive to maintain a welcoming and inclusive work environment.
The Peer Ambassador Program, facilitated by Drexel Human Resources (HR), is an initiative to assist new employees as they transition to the Drexel community. This program will offer a proactive way for new hires to become acquainted with life at Drexel, while providing a familiar face on campus outside of their immediate department.
New Employee’s first couple of weeks
- Peer Ambassador and new employee meet for coffee or lunch
- Take on campus tour (optional)
- Learn about each other’s background, experience, interests, etc.
- Respond to any immediate questions employee may have
- Agree on frequency, length, and method of communication
Months One through Three
- Peer ambassador and new employee meet again for coffee or lunch: you both determine the frequency
- Peer ambassador is available for conversations through phone and email
- Peer ambassador introduces new employee to other Drexel colleagues
- Peer ambassador invites new employee to Drexel campus or social events
End of Month Three
- Your official peer ambassador/new employee relationship ends
- Can continue contact as the two of you see fit
How to Participate as a New Employee
Elect your participation in the peer ambassador program in the orientation survey, sent a week after you attend new employee orientation.
Interested in becoming a peer ambassador? Drexel HR is looking for volunteers! The program will pair each new hire with a peer ambassador, who will meet with the new hire regularly during their first few months to:
- Provide information on where to find policies and procedures;
- Answer questions and refer the new hire to the appropriate resources;
- Familiarize the new hire with Drexel’s culture and norms;
- Introduce the new hire to others at Drexel; and
- Facilitate strong connections and a network for new employees.
Peer ambassadors must receive supervisor approval to participate and must attend training before they are paired with a new hire. The program will maintain an Office365 Team providing resources and a list of campus events to help introduce new hires to campus life. We hope that our peer ambassadors will facilitate strong connections and a network within Drexel for new employees.
If you are interested in becoming a peer ambassador, please supply your contact information via this link.
If you have any questions about the Peer Ambassador Program, please email Lindsay Norlen, Director of Organizational Effectiveness, at firstname.lastname@example.org.