Instructions for Obtaining a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check for School of Education Field Placement Purposes (SELF PAY)
This instruction guide is intended to be used only by Drexel University students completing field placement experiences with the School of Education. Human Resources would like to highlight that this is a state form and may not be inclusive of all genders, races, or ethnicities. You must have an FBI service code to proceed. If you’re unsure of your code or if you need assistance during this process, please email SOEclearances@drexel.edu.
1. Go to uenroll.identogo.com.
2. Enter the following service code: 1KG6RT. It’s important to use the correct code so that the results will be accepted by Human Resources, the School of Education, and field placement sites.
3. Click “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
4. Complete all of the information including creating your own security questions (Example: Name of first pet).
5. Answer the questions on the next page. For the question, “Do you have an Authorization Code (Coupon Code) that you will be using as a method of payment?” select NO. You will need to pay by credit/debit card at your fingerprinting appointment.
6. Complete all of the personal information and mailing address.
7. Select which document you will bring with you to your fingerprinting appointment. Only the following documents will be accepted to verify your identity. If the name you are enrolling under does not match the name on your document, please follow the additional instructions to prove your identity.
8. Select an enrollment center for fingerprinting. Choose on-campus or a location near you!
For On-Campus Fingerprinting: Drexel University operates a private IdentoGO location at the Human Resources office which is only searchable via a private code. Enter the Drexel Location Code (available upon completion of "PEBC Confidential Consent and Release" or by email to SOEclearances@drexel.edu) in the search bar and click “Search.” The system will show that no appointments are available in the next seven days; ignore this message and select “Next.” You will see another message that says “There are no appointments available for this location”; ignore this message! Check the “Walk In” box (see image below) at the top right and click “Submit”. Next, please book a time to be fingerprinted at Human Resources via this link; we do not typically accept walk-ins.
To Select an IdentoGO Location Near You: If you’re not able to get to Drexel University or would prefer to be fingerprinted at a location closer to home, enter your zip code in the search bar and click “Search”. Select a location and click “Next”. Select a date and time and click “Submit”. If you are not able to get to a Pennsylvania location, please email SOEclearances@drexel.edu for assistance.
9. You should see a service summary confirming your enrollment. You should also receive a copy in your email.
10. Go get your fingerprints done. Remember to bring your identification and payment.
11. If you completed fingerprinting on-campus, no further action is needed. If you completed fingerprinting off-campus, please send your UEID number to SOEclearances@drexel.edu. Note that any clearance with a record is subject to review per Background Checks Policy-HR 52.