Reminder: Blackout Period for Fidelity and Vanguard Accounts Begins Nov. 22
As a reminder, the blackout period for Fidelity and Vanguard accounts begins November 22, 2021, at 4 p.m. (ET) and is expected to end the week of December 6. During this time, individual participant account balances with Fidelity and Vanguard will be transferred over to TIAA. Throughout the blackout period, Fidelity and Vanguard participants will continue to experience market value fluctuations (both earnings and losses) on Drexel Defined Contribution Retirement Plan assets. Also, during the blackout period, you will not be able to:
- Modify Fidelity or Vanguard plan accounts (e.g., change investments)
- Obtain a distribution or hardship withdrawal from a Fidelity or Vanguard Drexel plan account
In preparation for the transfer to TIAA, you can access your online account at netbenefits.com (Fidelity) or vanguard.com to review your current elections and download or print your most recent account statement to have on hand once the transition is complete. During the blackout period, you will be unable to view your Fidelity or Vanguard account, so you may want to do this before Nov. 22 at 4 p.m. (ET).
You can review the final statement from Fidelity and/or Vanguard to compare to the first quarterly statement at TIAA to reconcile shares and dollars transferred. Once your balance has transferred, your Fidelity and/or Vanguard account will show a zero balance.
For participants who wish to track earnings generated on their account during the transfer, please refer to pages 17-22 in the transition guide [PDF] as it will differ based on how balances transfer to TIAA:
- Fund-to-fund transfer for Fidelity participants: Investments will be liquidated from Fidelity and wired to TIAA. Account balances will not be invested in the new funds for at least one business day (between Nov. 30 and Dec. 1). A participant will see the ending balance of those investments on their Fidelity statement (Nov. 30), and that balance will match the opening balance on their TIAA statement (Dec. 1).
- Share class changes for Fidelity and Vanguard participants: A participant will see the ending balance of those investments on their Vanguard and Fidelity statement, and that balance will match the opening balance on their TIAA statement.
- Transfers in kind for Fidelity and Vanguard participants: The number of shares on the Vanguard and Fidelity final statement will match the number of shares brought on the TIAA opening statement.
At the end of the blackout period, you can access and update your account with TIAA, including balances transferred from Fidelity or Vanguard.
TIAA Is Here to Help
If you need additional assistance or have specific questions about your account at TIAA, please schedule a one-on-one consultation with a TIAA financial consultant. Visit TIAA.org/schedulenow-drexel, or call 800-732-8353 to schedule an appointment.
If you have general questions, please contact TIAA at 800.842.2252, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (ET).
Visit the Drexel HR website for more information about the transition, including copies of the transition guide and FAQs.