For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Employment Verifications - Frequently Asked Questions

What is InVerify?

InVerify is an employment and income verification service. It is designed to help Private and Government verifiers obtain access to employment and income information in response to a faculty or professional staff member’s request for some type of service or benefit.

Why is Drexel using this service?

Using InVerify's online verification service helps ensure Drexel University is using the most accurate and timely information available when making decisions based on someone's employment information. InVerify’s data comes directly from Drexel University.

Who are Verifiers?

A Verifier is a person or organization that is trying to verify another person's employment or income information. Examples of verifiers include Mortgage Companies, Government Agencies, Property Managers, Leasing Agencies, and potential Employers for new jobs.

Can anyone verify my information?

No. A faculty or professional staff member must give permission for someone to verify their employment and income information.

What is the source of the information and how often is it updated?

InVerify’s data comes directly from Drexel University.  Drexel provides Inverify with information in a specified file format on a weekly basis. InVerify loads the information directly into their system.

What is a Government Agency?

An agency that provides state or federal aid to qualified applicants, for example, Social Services, Human Services, Social Security Administration, Family Services, Housing Authorities, Work Programs and Medicaid.

Do faculty and professional staff members need to register as a Verifier?

Faculty and professional staff members do not need to register as verifiers. They need to provide authorized verifiers with the Company Code and their Social Security Number to allow them access to their information.

What if I do not believe the information provided is correct?

Faculty and professional staff members may contact the InVerify customer support line directly at 1-866-295-7363 to facilitate the resolution process. They may also contact Drexel University’s Department of Human Resources at 215-895-2852 if they have any questions.

Can my departmental supervisor or HR liaison complete my verification?

No. The verification may only be completed by Drexel University’s vendor, InVerify. Please have the company requesting a verification contact 1-866-295-7363 for completion.

Is there any information Drexel/InVerify cannot disclose?

Drexel/InVerify cannot disclose the following information:

  • Probability of continued employment
  • Applicant next pay increase
  • Projected amount of next pay increase

Can Drexel disclose the reason for my separation?

No. Drexel University/InVerify cannot and will not disclose why a faculty or professional staff member is no longer with the Drexel.

Can I call and verbally provide InVerify permission to release my information?

No. You must provide the agency requesting an employment or income verification the following information in order for your request to be completed.

  1. Inform the verifier that InVerify is Drexel University’s verification vendor.
  2. Provide the verifier with Drexel University’s Company Code:  122600.
  3. Provide the verifier with your Social Security Number.

How long does it take for InVerify to complete my employment verification request?

The turnaround time for the completion of employment and income verification requests is 24 to 48 hours.