Coffee Hour Seminar Series
Technology in the Classroom
The Graduate College Coffee Hour Seminar Series brings together graduate students, faculty and professional staff from across Drexel's colleges, schools and centers for in-demand professional development workshops. Topics are intentionally selected based on their timeliness in relation to the academic cycle and their relevance to the specific needs of the graduate student population at Drexel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback related to the Coffee Hour Seminar Series.
This round of the series focuses on excellence in teaching and learning. This topic was selected based on recent feedback from a University-wide graduate professional development survey. Whether you are a teaching assistant looking to expand your knowledge of a topic or a non-traditional educator possessing a passion for teaching but do not have backgrounds in education, the Graduate College can support your learning endeavors and help you excel!
By participating in these workshops, you will learn how to:
- Utilize theories developed from foundational research that inform us about the degree of effectiveness different approaches to teaching have in large and average size classrooms
- Present yourself effectively as the class instructor
- Accommodate different styles of learning
- Engage students in successful learning activities
- Use technology effectively to improve student learning
- Create a syllabus that incorporates realistic goals, student learning objectives and reliable assessments
- Incorporate "good" teaching practices across disciplines, that include goal setting, focused practice and focused feedback
Some of the benefits of attending these workshops include:
- Meeting 21st century experts and influencers;
- Networking with professionals within and outside of your academic discipline;
- Receiving a certificate of completion by attending 4 of the teaching and learning workshops;
- Online participants may view the live/recorded session and write and submit a one-page reflection report for each session to Dr. Tsz Kwok at email@example.com;
- Enhancing your merits for annual Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards; and
- Enjoying a complimentary lunch!
To register for these free workshops, please click here.
Technology in the Classroom
Friday, February 2, 2018
Graduate Student Lounge
Main Building, Room 010A (Basement)
Watch The Recording [YouTube]
Associate Director, Instructional Technology
View Presentation [PDF]
Description: Technology is everywhere - embedded in every part of our culture. Integrating technology into the classroom is an effective way to connect with students of all learning styles.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Tsz Kwok at firstname.lastname@example.org.