Coffee Hour Seminar Series
Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) - April 2018
The Graduate College Coffee Hour Seminar Series brings together graduate students, faculty and professional staff from across Drexel's colleges, schools and centers for in-demand professional development workshops. Topics are intentionally selected based on their timeliness in relation to the academic cycle and their relevance to the specific needs of the graduate student population at Drexel. Contact email@example.com with any questions or feedback related to the Coffee Hour Seminar Series.
This round of the series focuses on professional and career development. This workshop is for doctoral students and postdocs.
Description: You’ve put a lot of time and effort into pursuing a PhD degree. Whether you plan to stay in academia, transition to industry, or you’re not sure exactly what is next, you’ll want to have a game plan. An individual development plan (IDP) can help you bridge the gap between your doctoral education and career. An IDP will help you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best.
In this workshop, we will introduce common free online IDP tools including:
- IMAGINE PHD- A career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- myIDP- A career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars seeking scientific career paths
- ChemIDP- A career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the chemical sciences
After the workshop, you will:
- Appreciate the need for an IDP and how it can help you plan for a successful career
- Understand the different tools available to help your create and manage your plan
- Review examples of IDPs
- Evaluate the pros and cons of discussing/sharing your IDP with your research advisor, program director, and career services
To register for these free workshops, please click here.
Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Thursday, April 26, 2018
Graduate Student Lounge
Main Building, Room 010A (Basement)
Watch The Recording [YouTube]
Dr. Natalie Chernets
Director, Postdoctoral Affairs & Professional Development
Associate Director, MD/PhD Program
Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Biomedical Science and Professional Studies
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Natalie Chernets at firstname.lastname@example.org.