Job Search and Career Planning
Steinbright Career Development Center Services
The Steinbright Career Development Center provides Drexel graduate students with important resources and services for career and job search support for both on-campus and online students. Advancing your career is one of the most important reasons for going to graduate school. With research, preparation, and perseverance, and with the guidance of Steinbright Career Services, you can achieve your career objectives. Steinbright provides individual sessions for graduate students, workshops on important topics relevant to your job search, and various events that connect you with employers. The Steinbright Career Development Center supports students with the following and more.
- Career assessment and counseling
- Job search skills
- Interview preparation
- Resume and Curriculum Vitae (CV) critique
- LinkedIn profile review
- Salary negotiations
- Professional networking strategies
- Researching employers and organizations
Career counselor appointments can be made from the Career and Educational Counseling page. Students can sign up for career workshops, career fairs, and employer information sessions on the Calendar and Events page.
Visit the Career Services for Graduate Students page on the SCDC website for more information and resources specifically for graduate students, including how to schedule an appointment with a career counselor and how to set up an utilize Handshake.
If you would like to schedule a graduate student organization workshop or would like further information, please contact the Steinbright Career Development Center at 215.895.2185 or email@example.com.
Check out the video below for an overview of SCDC services for graduate students. Watch other SCDC informational videos on Drexel Streams.
Career Fairs & Events
Click the links below to learn more about the annual career fairs and workshops and events hosted by SCDC:
Upcoming Events & Workshops
Dragon Network & Alumni Relations
Dragon Network is Drexel University’s online professional community for alumni and students. This one-stop shop facilitates career-focused conversations, provides meaningful opportunities to give back and unites Dragons from around the world — one connection at a time.
WHAT DOES DRAGON NETWORK HAVE TO OFFER?
- Build your Drexel network and connect with current students and alumni
- Find a mentor in your field
- Browse helpful resources like the Business Directory and the growing library of archived webinars for ongoing professional development
- Discover groups based on shared interests and affinities
- Explore job opportunities
HOW TO GET STARTED IN DRAGON NETWORK
- Sign up using your email or Drexel ID
- Complete your profile. You can easily import your Linkedin profile to expedite the process.
- Watch a brief how-to video to familiarize yourself with the community
- Explore your matches and initiate a direct message
- Continue to explore the benefits and features of Dragon Network including the groups and resources
- One-to-One Connections: The platform matches users with similar professional backgrounds and interests based on information provided in their profile. From career advice to new opportunities, Dragons are encouraged to initiate a direct message using one of the suggested templates.
- Archived Webinars: In the Resources section, access a library of recorded webinars on a wide range of professional development topics including career services, lifelong learning and the Virtual Power Lunch Series — 15 to 30-minute recorded interviews with alumni that give Dragons a chance to learn more about companies, industries and job functions.
- Business Directory: Students and alumni are encouraged to create a business listing and browse the directory to support Dragon-owned companies.
- Groups: Explore 20 groups based on region, interest or profession.
Further, the Office of Alumni Relations offers a ton of programs and events throughout the year, many of which are open to graduate students and the University community!
For more professional development workshops, click on the topics in the left-hand menu or visit our Events page for a complete list of events for graduate students and postdocs.