Join the 2021-2022 GSA Academic Affairs Committee
September 27, 2021
The Graduate College and Graduate Student Association (GSA) are excited to launch the GSA Academic Affairs Committee!
We are seeking a diverse group of graduate student representatives from across the colleges and schools to help us address questions and concerns on behalf of the graduate student community, including regarding graduate policy and procedure, and advocate for graduate student success by enhancing programs, resources, and experience. The committee will meet monthly in a virtual format.
GSA Academic Affairs Committee members will engage in many of the following activities:
- Review graduate policies or procedures for feedback, ideas or suggest new policies, procedures or revisions to existing policies or processes (E.g. Vacation Policy, Leave of Absence, Time to Completion, Academic or Grade Appeals, etc.);
- Attend appropriate meetings with University leadership to present ideas or share feedback, such as Graduate College staff meetings, University Council on Graduate Affairs (UCGA), Committee on Graduate Academic Affairs (CGAA) or the UCGA, graduate faculty and professional staff advisors meetings, Learning Alliance meetings, Career Leads meetings, Board of Trustees meetings (Academic Affairs Committee, Student Life Committee), Faculty Senate meetings, etc.;
- Provide feedback on the graduate student experience, both on campus and online, such as through student surveys or focus groups;
- Raise questions, concerns, and feedback on behalf of graduate students at Drexel;
- Help fundraise or support resources or opportunities for graduate students at Drexel;
- Help share or disseminate important academic information to the graduate student body (policy changes, things that affects students, etc.);
- And, help support the GSA's VP for Academic Affairs and Academic Chair in the planning and execution of academic programs and events for graduate students across the University, such as the monthly Scholars Share program and the 2022 Drexel Emerging Graduate Scholars Conference April 13-14, 2022, among other exciting initiatives like the Teck-Kah Lim Graduate Student Domestic Travel Subsidy Award.
This is an exciting opportunity to represent yourself and your graduate student peers and make a positive impact on the greater graduate community!
Please complete this Qualtrics form by Friday, October 15, 2021 if you're interested in getting involved! We will be in touch soon about a kickoff meeting (virtual).
If you have any questions, please the GSA's Academic Chair, Joseph Arrington, at firstname.lastname@example.org.