Now Accepting Nominations for 2014-2015 Research Excellence Awards
March 13, 2015
2014-2015 Research Excellence Awards
The Office of Graduate Studies through its Committee on Research Excellence selects graduate students (full-time master’s and doctoral), who have exhibited outstanding research, scholarship, and creativity in the past year, for certificates of recognition and monetary awards. Winners are notified ahead of time and receive their awards at Graduate Student Day.
The dossier for each nomination must include the following information:
- Graduate student’s name and the department/program in which the student is enrolled;
- Graduate student’s CV highlighting papers published, presentations made and conferences attended since April of the previous year, if any - the details of the papers/posters should conform to the format outlined in the Graduate Student Handbook [PDF] on page 44;
- A 2-page statement by the student explaining the significance of their research;
- A letter from a referee/faculty advisor stating the reasons for nominating this particular student;
- An endorsement note from the department/program’s graduate adviser or director/head
Nominations for Research Excellence Awards should be submitted by faculty/staff to the Associate Vice Provost for Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file or by hand to the Office of Graduate Studies in Randell 240 by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2015.