Date: Tuesdays, October 12 - November 23, 2021
Time: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. via ZOOM
Course delivery: Instructor-led, live and online
Start your career in web design and development with our hands-on, Drexel-made training.
To be successful in this course, students must have proficient knowledge of:
- Computer directory structures, image types, and file extensions
Course Materials: Access to a modern laptop/desktop computer suitable for website and image editing.
Course Overview: Students will create a professional, interactive, and quality website for a portfolio. Agile project management methods will be incorporated into the course so that students learn how to collaborate on web development teams.
Web Design & Development Course Learning Objectives:
- Students will put their knowledge into practice by building two professional-quality interactive websites, following industry-leading methods and processes
- A capstone project which showcases their skills with a compelling subject matter, selected by the student and approved by the instructor
- A personal resume/portfolio site which can be used to showcase the student’s skills
- Students will use their web development and design skills in simulated real-world environments, incorporating design critiques and agile and lean methods, taking the website from idea to production
- Create professional-quality web pages and websites with clear content hierarchy, effective user interaction, and compelling visual design
- Build a site map and page wireframes
- Develop a design system including color and typography, and layout templates
- Create and edit images or graphic assets
- Conduct basic usability testing on the site and correct issues
- Publish websites to a production web host
Included learning enrichment tools
- Dream Host (domain host)
- Code editor, such as Sublime Text
- Image Editor
- FTP client or other software for transferring files to web host