Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Online
Drexel University’s Yellow Belt Course (SSCE 9105) provides participants with a fundamental understanding of the Operational Excellence approach to process improvement and Lean Six Sigma methodology by focusing on Lean tools.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Dates
Dates: December 17 & 18, 2020 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
What is a Yellow Belt in Six Sigma?
Yellow Belt is for professionals who have some familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodologies and are experienced project and process managers. Yellow Belt provides a foundation for those interested in gaining more complex Lean Six Sigma training in Green and Black Belt. At the core of Yellow Belt is understanding the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) phases of your team's processes.
Through the Six Sigma Yellow Belt course, participants can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of the Operational Excellence approach to process improvement: You take a deep dive into the fundamentals of Lean and learn Six Sigma as well as the basics of the DMAIC (Define/Measure/Analyze/Improve/Control) methodology
- Learn and practice Lean tools: Applying the skills your study while improving a simulated process in the classroom with guidance from a skilled instructor
- Develop skills to lead quick-hit projects: This is where your foundation in Yellow Belt leads to the knowledge required to support Black or Green Belt-led Lean Six Sigma projects in the future
- Learn the ins-and-outs of a Yellow Belt role: If you plan to get certified as a Black Belt, you need to have a strong understanding of the Yellow and Green belt roles. Earning certification at the Yellow Belt level ensures you know exactly what the job entails
- Build your resume: Earning a yellow belt certification shows employers you know how to save time and limit waste
- Increase your potential salary: Employers look for people with diverse skills that will be valuable to the company. Earning a Yellow Belt certification can give you a competitive edge for salary compensation and career advancement.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course Description
This 14-hour online course will teach prospective Yellow Belts Lean-based terminology, tools and methodology through a hands-on process improvement simulation, providing the experience needed to earn the Yellow Belt Lean Six Sigma certification. Yellow Belt is the first step on your path to Green Belt and Black Belt certification.
The final section of the Yellow Belt Training Course will discuss the reason for getting leadership involved with their teams and will outline the qualities, roles and responsibilities the leaders of change must demonstrate in order to model appropriate Sponsor and Champion behaviors. This final section of the training will discuss the highly important topic, “Roles and Responsibilities," which include:
- Green Belt roles
- Black Belt roles
- Team Leader roles
- Sponsor or Process Owner roles
- Executive Champion roles
Lean Six Sigma White Belt training is not required for entry into the Yellow Belt program, it is however encouraged for those without any prior Lean Six Sigma knowledge.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt exam is a 30-minute, open book exam. It is made up of 20 multiple choice and short answer questions with the focus on concepts and tools learned in the two-day course. To earn your Yellow Belt certification, you must score a 75 percent or above.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.895.2154