Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Online
Find out why our Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are successful in facilitating and completing improvement projects. Our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt methodology has just the right blend of theory, statistics and application to help you implement and measure your success. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is geared toward professionals with project and process management and improvement skills. If your job requires that you remove risk and errors, shorten time cycles and standardize procedures, this course is for you. Previous Lean Six Sigma knowledge, especially those who hold a Yellow Belt are positioned to gain the most out of the certification—including an increased earning potential and career mobility.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Dates
Dates: Saturdays, April 3 - May 8, 2021 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Project Presentation: Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
What is a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt?
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt teaches individuals how to successfully charter, scope and close projects as well as how to apply the appropriate metrics to help ensure total change implementation. Upon completion of the course, you will have the skills needed to apply Lean Six Sigma problem-solving methods—Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC)—to advance your workplace leadership and help your teams work more efficiently.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course Description
Throughout your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training, you will:
- Participate in one full-day session once per week for only seven weeks
- Hands-on learning through interactive teaching modules and a team simulation activity
- Learn the basics of improving quality and productivity
- Practice the basic statistics necessary to be an effective Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Select and complete a work-related, closely scoped continuous improvement project
- Deliver periodic project updates
- Submit a project final out-brief
- Communicate with your instructors by phone and email throughout the entire program
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Requirements
Prior knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies—including Yellow Belt—is recommended before enrolling in Green Belt training. Job experience involving project management or process improvement is also highly recommended. There is no degree requirement in order to enroll.
How long does it take to become a Six Sigma Green Belt?
Participants are expected to complete one full-day session once per week for only seven weeks.
- Week 1: Introduction to Quality, Lean and Six Sigma (DMAIC); Defining an Improvement Project; Simulation Activity Baseline/li>
- Week 2: Value Stream Mapping; Understanding Flow; Quick Changeover (SMED) Concepts/li>
- Week 3: 5S/Visual Controls; Kanban; Mistake-Proofing; Theory of Constraints
- Week 4: Measure Concepts; FMEA; Basic Statistics; Sampling
- Week 5: Analysis Concepts; Root Cause Analysis; Improvement Concepts
- Week 6: Control Concepts; Control Charts; Project Transition; Final Simulation Activity Challenge
- Week 7: Final Project Readouts; Certification Activities
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam is given on the sixth week of the program and includes 100 multiple choice questions that test your knowledge of Lean Six Sigma core competencies. The cost of the exam is included in your registration fee. To earn your Green Belt certification from Drexel University, you must score at least a 70% on the exam.
Start earning your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification today!