For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

International Travel Policy Announcement

July 22, 2015

All faculty, staff, and students must register any university-related international travel before departure.


Students Traveling Abroad:

All undergraduate and graduate students who are traveling abroad in any way related to Drexel must register their travel before departure as described in the new University policy. See policy at:


How to Register:

Students (or faculty and staff on behalf of students) should contact the Study Abroad Office ( to register their international travel.

All students participating in Study Abroad or International Co-op programs will be registered automatically during the application process of their program.

Who Should Register? All students – graduate and undergraduate engaged in the following:


  • Attending and/or presenting at international conferences
  • Participating in a university-organized or university-led service trip (such as an Alternative Spring Break or student-organized program)
  • Conducting international research or independent studies  (even if traveling with faculty)
  • Participating in an International Fellowship 

What’s Required?

All students doing research, independent study or service abroad need to fill out our International Experience Approval Form at:

Students going to International Conferences or participating in International Fellowship programs only need to register at

Note:  All travel plans for countries for which there is a State Department Travel Warning will be assessed by the Travel Warning Review (TWR) Committee, even if travel is to one’s home country.  

When in Doubt: please contact to determine whether travel should be registered and included in the university insurance policy.

Faculty and Staff Traveling Abroad:

All faculty and staff traveling abroad on Drexel-related activities must register in the Global Research and Academic Network Database (GRAND) and the Foreign Exposure Registry  The latter is essential for insurance coverage. Please contact the Office of International Programs ( for questions regarding faculty and staff travel abroad.