For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Registering Your Travel

Register your travel

Faculty and Staff Traveling Abroad

All faculty, staff, and postdoctoral researchers traveling abroad on Drexel-related activities must have a profile and register their travel in the Global Research and Academic Network Database (GRAND).

Step 1: Create a profile

  • Navigate to the GRAND Database
  • Log in with your Drexel username (abc124) and password
  • On the right-hand side, click "Create/Update Profile"
  • Fill out the requested information
  • Click "Submit"

Step 2: Create travel plans to register your travel

  • Navigate to the GRAND Database
  • Log in with your Drexel username (abc123) and password
  • On the right-hand side, click "Create/Modify/View Travel Plans"
  • Enter your destination city(ies), country(ies), dates of travel, reason(s) for travel, and all other required fields
  • Click "Submit Travel Entry"


Please contact the Office of Global Engagement ( for questions regarding faculty and staff travel abroad.

Students Traveling Abroad

All Drexel undergraduate and graduate students traveling internationally must register their travel with the appropriate office for safety and security reasons. This ensures that the University can provide support if needed. Read the full University policy regarding travel registration here.

  • If you are traveling for personal reasons, you do not need to register your travel with Drexel. 
  • If you are traveling for an international co-op, check with your international co-op advisor to be sure you have met all Steinbright pre-departure requirements.
  • If you are traveling for study abroad (any Drexel program or an independent study abroad), be sure to complete all of the pre- and post-decision application materials in the Study Abroad portal. Please email your study abroad advisor or with any questions.
  • If you are traveling for any other academic reason, please email well before your departure date to begin the registration process. Please include your name, city and country where you will be, travel dates, and reason for travel.
    • These experiences include, but are not limited to: participating in international fellowships; attending and/or presenting at international conferences; participating in a university-organized or university-led service trip (such as an Alternative Spring Break or a student-organized program); conducting international research (traveling alone or with faculty)
    • Depending on your proposed experience, you may be required to submit an Non-Credit Experience Abroad Approval Form, which can take up to four weeks to complete.
  • To watch an informational video about how the Office of Global Engagement supports graduate students traveling abroad, including information about the Non-Credit Experience Abroad Approval form and On Call International Emergency Assistance, click here.

Note: All travel plans for countries for which there is a State Department Travel Warning will be assessed by the Travel Warning Review (TWR) Committee, even if travel is to one’s home country. Supporting documentation will be requested for a Travel Warning Review.

When in Doubt:
Please contact to determine whether travel should be registered.