The Louis and Bessie Stein Family Fellowship
The Office of Global Engagement is pleased to announce the Louis and Bessie Stein Family Fellowship for Exchanges with Israeli Universities competition for activities in Academic Year 2022-2023.
The Office of Global Engagement is now accepting faculty and student proposals for the Louis and Bessie Stein Family Fellowship to support research, exchange, teaching, and collaboration with partners in Israel. Applications for FY22-23 are due June 30, 2022.
Among the main purposes of the Fellowship are:
- To provide scholarship, fellowships, stipends, subsidies, support and other career development assistance to deserving undergraduate and graduate students of Israeli educational institutions to attend Drexel University.
- To provide scholarships, fellowship, stipends, subsidies, support and other career development assistance to deserving undergraduate and graduate students of Drexel to attend the Technion or Hebrew University, as well as Ben Gurion University, among other Israeli institutions.
- To provide financial assistance to deserving faculty members of Drexel to teach, study and do research in Israel.
- To provide financial assistance to deserving faculty members of Israeli universities to teach, study and do research at Drexel.
- To pay the traveling and incidental expenses of such undergraduate and graduate students and faculty members which they are required to incur in connection with the foregoing.
Students and faculty members awarded the Fellowships for the purposes described above shall be designated “Stein Fellows.” All Stein Fellows submit an electronic report within 90 days of completion of the project.
Faculty and Graduate Student Application
Faculty and graduate students can apply for funding for research, exchange and teaching using the following proposal guidelines*:
*Applicants should download local copies of both files
Undergraduate Student Application
Funding for undergraduates is also available for study abroad or co-op abroad in Israel. Students should complete the undergraduate application for the Stein Family Fellowship after applying to a co-op or study abroad program in Israel.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
For all recipients, an electronic report is to be submitted within 90 days of completion of the project.
In the News
Read about a recent Stein Fellowship recipient, Karmi Oxman's, experience conducting research in Israel here.