Drexel University’s global vision for building partnerships is based on excellence in education and research, mutual respect and understanding of collaborative benefits, deep commitment to address societal challenges, and recognition of complementary strengths. The core values of intercultural appreciation and global citizenship undergird our practice as we create and deepen opportunities for students and faculty to participate in and benefit from internationalization.
Building upon our mission, vision, and values, we have six tightly linked strategic goals:
- Expand our global presence and ability to address global challenges in strategically selected locations across the globe;
- Develop global platforms for innovation in research and education, establishing new and strengthening existing partnerships, centers, and networks with universities, research institutes, technology parks, and other institutions;
- Encourage and facilitate faculty collaboration in global knowledge creation and problem solving;
- Grow opportunities for global experiential learning: encouraging students to study, work, conduct research, and complete service projects in different locations across the globe;
- Bring the world into the classroom through interdisciplinary, technology-enhanced global classrooms, language study, and new learning environments where students tackle global challenges from a variety of cultural and contextual perspectives; and
- Develop a wide range of global experiences on campus: increasing awareness of global challenges and appreciation of the different international communities among us and the benefits of learning alongside others from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and countries.
The programs, offices and initiatives outlined below are key to enhancing Drexel’s global impact and providing opportunities for continued international engagement.