ThinkSwiss offers scholarships for a research stay in Switzerland. It supports highly motivated and qualified U.S. undergraduate and graduate students to do research at a public Swiss university or research institute for 2 to 3 months. The scholarship is open to students of all fields.
The applicant is responsible for finding a research mentor and must provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/she will accept you for a research stay in his/her group.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled at an accredited US or Canadian university/college
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student who will have completed your sophomore year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
The number of available research scholarships is limited to a maximum of three spots for each university that is represented by several applicants in order to ensure a certain diversity among ThinkSwiss awardees. The number of applications per university, however, is unlimited.
Last Updated March 2019
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Creative Fields
- Business and Law
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- US Citizen
- Citizen of another country
- Approximately USD $1,600/month